Ham & Chive Egg Muffins
Breakfast is arguably the most important meal of the day. Not only does this first meal break the fast that your body has been in overnight, it is your first opportunity to influence how the rest of your eating for the day will go. If you choose to eat a sugar-fuelled breakfast then chances are high that you’ll continue to make poor food choices for the rest of the day.
These Ham and Chive Egg Muffins are the perfect blend of protein, fibre and flavour to start your day off right. Now is a great time to make these if you are on Christmas holidays or make a big batch on the weekend to provide days of on-the-go breakfasts for your busy workweek. Enjoy!
Here’s what you need
- 10 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons coconut cream
- 1 Tablespoon nutritional yeast
- sprinkle of sea salt and black pepper
- 1 cup cooked ham, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh chives, minced
- ¼ cup red bell pepper, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 12-muffin tin pan with coconut oil.
- Whisk the eggs, cream, nutritional yeast, sea salt and black pepper in a large bowl. Add in the ham, chives and bell pepper. Divide the egg mixture equally between the 12 muffin tins.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12-18 minutes, until set. Remove from the oven and cool before removing the egg muffins from muffin tins. Once fully cooled, store extras in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Enjoy!
89 calories, 6g fat, 2g carbohydrate, 0g sugar, 268mg sodium, 1g fibre, and 8g protein.
I hope that you get a chance to give this recipe a try this week. Remember that I’m only a call or email away to assist you in all things fitness. And if you are not yet one of my prized clients then call or email me now to set up your first workout – I’d love to help you achieve your best body ever!